I got this recipe from a news station's website, and it is extremely good! I didn't even have the cinnamon bread, so we used our yummy homemade wheat bread and it was still fantastic! Oh and because i'm inpatient, I didn't do the whole overnight thing... I just slabbed a lot of butter on and cooked them on the skillet. I'm sure they would be better if you follow the recipe though!
Kneader’s Over-Night French Toast
1 loaf Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon Bread cut in 8 slices
8 eggs
3 c. milk
1 T. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 T. vanilla
2 T. butter
Preparation:
Butter a glass baking dish generously (9" x 13"). Place the bread flat in the baking dish. Mix all remaining ingredients, reserving the butter and pour over the bread. Cut butter into pieces and dot over the top. Refrigerate over night or at least 1 hour. Bake 45 - 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 8
Or.... you can do it my way and just generously butter your skillet, dip the bread and cook! Walah! Almost as good... i'm guessing! If you do it the real way let me know how it turns out! :)
Also, Kneader's Syrup is good, but if I have to pick a favorite it is definitely Magleby's. Kneader's is a little too sweet for me :) ... and it's just different, but still amazing!
Kneader's Carmel Syrup
1 c. Brown sugar
1 c. Creme
1 c. Light Karo Syrup
Blend together and heat on stovetop until sugar is smooth.
Serve warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment