Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Babe's Ultimate Brownies

I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but I'm thinking Babe's Bakery in Idaho Falls... Maybe if anyone has had these you can let me know! These brownies are delicious and extremely rich.


Babe's Ultimate Brownies

Melt in a sauce pan:
1 cup butter
2 oz. unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate (I used a little more)

Then add:
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup lightly chopped pecans

Spread into greased 10x16" pan

Next make the cream cheese layer to spread over top:
1 cup sugar
12 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
4 Tbs flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Spread on top of chocolate layer. Bake at 350* F for 35 minutes or until done. spread 1/2 package of mini marshmallows on top of brownies and put back in the oven until puffed and olden brown.

Icing

Melt:
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup milk
4 ounces of unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate together in a pan

Mix in with hand mixer until smooth:
2 tsp vanilla
4 ounces softened cream cheese and
7 cups powdered sugar

Spread on top of brownies. Refrigerate overnight so brownies set up, or let cool completely :) otherwise you'll have a slippery sloppery mess in your pan! :) Yum!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Amy said...

ok, my mouth waters every time I even think about the picture of this brownie! mmmmmm!!