Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Cream Cheese Pound Cake


Now this is good! YUM! If you are looking for a yummy pound cake recipe, you can take my word that this is! It isn't super buttery, but it's nice and sweet. It goes great with some powdered sugar, fresh strawberries and cream, or any berries! (It's even extremely tasty just by itself!)

Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Adapted from my Southern Living Cookbook

3/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened *
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Tbs vanilla extract

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
Bake at 325* F for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Garnish each serving, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.

*If you haven't figured out by now, I love using lower fat products whenever possible... I guess since it has so many other sweet and delightful things in it, you might as well go all out haha but as for now, I use the 1/3 fat cream cheese or fat free! I guess it helps me not feel so guilty when I eat an extra slice! (Or two or three :))

1 comment:

Amy said...

Tara! I'm jealous of how amazing your blog is! You need to teach me how to make mine look as cool as yours! :) I took your advice and have started a recipe blog. I haven't put anything on it yet, but visit it in the future! It's dandddishes.blogspot.com.


Amy