Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Red Sauce Pasta

According to Jared, this is the best red sauce west of the Mississippi... as for that? I'm not sure :) This recipe is a nice little creation we had for dinner tonight.

Red Sauce
1/4 cup Olive Oil
3 Green Onions Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic
Rosemary
1 tsp Basil
2 Roma Tomatoes Chopped (Don't drain juice)

1/2 Cup Garlic Basil Pasta Sauce (I cheated here.... you could replace with 2 Tbs tomato paste, 3 Tbs tomato sauce and seasonings)

1 tsp Sugar
Black Pepper
Salt

Noodles of choice. We used about 8 oz. whole wheat fusilli noodles (the twisty kind)

Start to boil water. After adding garlic in recipe below, it would be a great time to throw noodles in to cook.

Heat olive oil. Sprinkle with Rosemary (I added just enough to lightly coat the top of the oil. Sorry I didn't measure!) Add the onions and saute 4 minutes, but do not let it brown. Add the garlic and let cook in oil. Try not to let the garlic brown either. Next, add the the tomatoes and cook until they start to soften. Last, add the basil, pasta sauce, sugar, and pepper. Let simmer for about 5 minutes and salt to taste!

Toss with hot Pasta and serve.

No comments: